21 Facts to Know
1. Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from stop
producing tears. Try it next time you chop onions.
2. Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the
same time. Indeed convenient!
3. Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their
4. Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite.
5. The average person's field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide
6. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds
hollow then it is ripe.
7. Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing
their own photos on each stamp.
8. Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six
to eight weeks old.
9. It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.
10. Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than
plants watered with cold water.
11. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in
your ear by 700 times.
12. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
13. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called
14. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears
never stop growing.
15. Everyone's tongue print is different, like fingerprints.
16. Contrary to popular belief, a swallowed chewing gum doesn't stay in
the gut. It will pass through the system and be excreted.
17. At 40 Centigrade a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by
18. There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt
19. Cats, camels and giraffes are the only animals in the world that
walk right foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right
foot, left foot .
20. Onions help reduce cholesterol if eaten after a fatty meal.
21. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the
sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.